MetaManager™ works to keep your IBM Cognos BI Implementation clean and efficient. We’ve compiled a list of best practices which we think you should use occasionally to keep dibs on your content store.
- Find Broken Reports
- Find Broken Report Views
- Find Broken Shortcuts
- Run after deployments to make sure reports have not been broken
- Perform a backup of the Public Folders and of the User’s My Folders. This can be run on a schedule
if needed. Learn how to schedule a backup on this KB Article.
- Run regular security snapshots for auditing.
Content Store Size
- Generate PDF Reports for Public Folders & User’s My Folders
Run and refresh reports on regular basis. Available reports are:
- Scheduled Content
- Account Security Audit
- Datasource Validation
- IBM Cognos Configuration
- IBM Cognos Administration
- Download a copy of all of the Canned Reports in this Zip File
- Find reports using embedded SQL if this is a bad practice
- Create a Data Dictionary for each model by documenting only the presentation layers and some basic
information about the Query Subjects/Items. Document this to PDF for business users and Excel (Tabular)
for navigating with Excel’s Auto Filter capabilities. All pdf documentation is on the website casino.
- Review Orphaned Accounts and purge restore content that is needed or purge content that is no
- Take advantage of the built-in searches such as:
- Reports not linked to a package
- Content that contains history with failures
- Schedules that have failed
- Jobs with broken steps